Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Mann Ki Baat

Today, I'm writing after a very very long time. Reason 1: Just haven't felt like writing in so many days. I have a lot of incomplete poems sitting on my dining table and I don't even feel like completing those poems (I tore 2 of them, and don't even regret doing that).

Reason 2: Watched a movie and read a book. I have been reading and watching movies for all these days, but these are two things which inspired me to write. And then I heard a devotional song (thanks Amulya!) which just made me think. The book review and the movie review will follow in a couple of days, but it was important for me to speak (or write) my mind - so here goes.

तन्हाई के वो लम्हे
वो टूटे-फूटे आधे-अधूरे रिश्ते
पल दिन साल महीने
मुठ्ठी से फिसलती रेत जैसे

पर जब हमने मुठ्ठी खोली
ऑंखें खाली मुठ्ठी देख बोली
"ये जीवन था या कोई साया
इस जीवन से तूने क्या पाया?"

That is the thought running in my mind today - What is the answer to this question? "इस जीवन से तूने क्या पाया?"

Is my life just going to stay an amalgam of broken dreams and broken relations? Or is it going to be something beyond? The choice is mine and it is simple - I will live my life as long as I have it - not just let it pass. I will be 18 Till I Die.

This is my decision to become extra-ordinary (thanks Al for the talk on "Forks on the Road"). :-)

No comments: