Monday, May 07, 2007

Nail art - In a bottle

Once upon a time, not so long ago, I had the habit of biting nails! When I gave it up, I started caring for my new-found nails and new found nail-polish bottles :-)

However, life has been nothing but trouble since the day I started applying nail-polish. I can just never get it right on the fingers of my right hand. :-(

So, while I struggled with the nailpolish last night, I had this crazy idea. How about having a different design for the nail-polish as compared to the conventional? And then I thought of this...

The major change in design will be in the structure of the nail-polish bottle. Instead of a bottle containing the nailpolish and a brush with it, the nailpolish would come in a stick format. The stick would have the following elements:
1. A slot like thing which would fit on the finger / toe-nail.
2. A sponge brush which would fit on the nail. This brush would reside in the slot mentioned in 1. above.
3. A small container on the other end, which would contain the nailpolish. This may be detachable cartridge (like in colour ink-jet printers) or built-in.
4. A button to control the transmission of the nailpolish.

So, wearing the nailpolish would be as simple as fixing this slot on your finger and pressing a button - voila, the nail is painted! :) Similarly, when the nailpolish has to be removed, replace the detachable nailpolish colour cartridge with the nailpolish remover cartridge and use the same instrument for removing it. No fuss with the cotton swabs.

The design above can also be extended for nail-art. The sponge can have various different designs cut into it or better still, have various color input streams. This way, when the button is pressed, a multicolour nail-art is available on your nails without a visit to the local parlour.

Anyway, this is one of my crazy mid-night ideas. Do let me know what you think..

5 comments:

Neerja said...

Crazy engineers idea!!
But not so bad after all :)

Neerja said...

Have one more idea for you, a very simple one though...

Just dip your fingers in the bottle. Paint shud just stick to the nails and remaining u shud be able to wash it off .. wot say ;)

Chetna said...

That doesnt sound so bad.. except for the effort in getting the bottle off my fingers!!

ABT said...

Hmm...Sounds cool!!! :)

ABT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.