Wednesday, May 02, 2007

State Of Fear

Author: Micheal Crichton
Rating: Must-read
Category: Thriller / Non-stop-read

After a really long time, I got my hands on a book which was absolutely gripping and could not have been put down. Love the character Kenner (I think I'll dedicate a poem to him ;) ) and like the way the story unfolds.

The book is about a rich man George Morton who spends lavishly on environment conservation projects, only to discover that the money is truly being wasted, because all the so-called "environmental threats" are make-believe. This leads him, his assistant, his lawyer, Mr. Kenner, Mr. Sanjong Thapa to a series of make-believe man-made environmental disasters which they avert in true Bollywood style :)

I also like the way Mr. Kenner and Mr. Sanjong contradict the concepts of global-warming, melting of the ice-caps, more volcanoes, and so on. Its really interesting and convincing and makes you think up! And Im not sure, but they may be right.

Go read the book. Its 580 pages keep you glued and it takes about a day to read if you can spare it!

No comments: